Saturday, December 27, 2008

It was a Merry Christmas after all

Thank you everyone! All that positive thinking paid off. James was seen by the Neurosurgeon on Tuesday morning and said that because James was doing so well there was no need to do a CT Scan urgently, instead they plan to do a follow up CT Scan in January. James was transferred back to GF Strong that day and even better he was given a two-day two-night pass! James and I spent Christmas with my family at my Grandpa’s house.  We were both extremely thankful that we were able to spend Christmas together outside of the hospital! Hurray! 

James is now back at GF Strong. He’s walking with a walker for very short distances and still using the wheelchair to get around.  His left side is much stronger although still has some weakness.  All together, James is doing amazing. He struggles with having to stay at GF Strong and looks forward to the day when he comes home so we can start our married life together. James is so strong and I truly believe that he will get through this.

On another note, James and I have a new landline to cut down on our cell phone bills. If you would like the number please email me. (kimbos81@hotmail.com)

Thank you everyone so so much! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you both were able to spend time together outside of he hospital. Merry belated Christmas! I think of you often!
Take care....
Linda King (jaimie golob's mom)

jane said...

Such good news! I was (as I'm sure we all were) thinking of you and James fondly and often over christmas. The love you two show for each other is such an inspiration to me.

Stay strong,
I wish you every happiness,

Jane Sawyer.

Linda Isaacs said...

We are so happy that you were able to spend your first married Christmas together! There will be many more to come. It is obvious that you love each other deeply and unconditionally,and that love will get you both through this.So happy that James is able to walk alittle,this should boost his spirits.Keep up the good work, all our love, God Bless
Linda & Gord Isaacs

Brandy said...

Great news! Wishing you both all the best and great progress for a strong 2009!