Saturday, December 13, 2008

Back "Home"

James was thankfully transferred back to GF Strong last Tuesday morning. GF Strong could not accept him back with a peripheral IV therefore a PICC line (central line) was inserted on Monday to manage his IV antibiotics for the next two weeks. James is happy to be back at GF Strong but since the surgery, he has been very fatigued, uncomfortable and flat. He now wants to see visitors, which I’m hoping, will cheer him up (please email me to set up a time: kimbos81@hotmail.com).  James’ left side is still weak but we’re hoping his strength will come back shortly. James is not showing any clinical signs of infection however they continue to monitor the cultures they drew from the surgery. He is scheduled for a follow-up CT scan on Monday.

He’s also scheduled to see the Orthopedic doctor next week. It will have been 10 weeks since the pelvic surgery so we’re hoping the doctor will say it’s okay to start weight bearing on his right leg.

I don’t think I’ve seen James quite this down so far but I know his strength will pull him through this rough patch. If you would like to write to James, I’ve added the address below. He’s not checking his email or facebook at this time.

Thanks everyone for all your support.

James Wood: Room 325

4255 Laurel St.

Vancouver, BC

V5Z 2G9


2 comments:

Linda Isaacs said...

Dear Kim & James
Just finished reading your blog,and I am glad James was able to get back to the Rehab centre,I`m sure he is alot more comfortable there.My heart goes out to the both of you,neither of you deserve this.I have two friends,one had brain surgery,one had a car accident,with injuries much like James. They are both doing amazing,it`s all about the will to fight and to live. James has everything to live for,he will have his down days,that`s normal,but James is here for a reason and he has alot of life to live!Be strong,the love and support from you, family , and friends will help you both get through this.Our love and prayers are with you always.
Linda & Gordon Isaacs

Rebecca Hennessy said...

Hi Kim and James,

It's Rebecca Hennessy. I am so glad to hear that James is back at the Rehab centre. I have been thinking of you both every day many times a day. James, I'm so glad that I got to spend some time with you in Toronto. You are my other brother and I love you like family. I hope that you keep your spirits up and remember that there are sooooo many people thinking about you all the time. Kim, you are so amazing and strong. I know that you'll both pull through this.

Love Rebecca Hennessy